Its a *nix of another variety, but OpenBSD has a MacPPC port

Is Darrin C. on the list?  If so do you have the box set for 4.9 for sale?

Getting started
http://openbsd.org/

Getting ISO
http://openbsd.org/ftp.html

A more detailed bit of information specific to MacPPC port:
http://mirror.servihoo.net/pub/OpenBSD/4.9/macppc/INSTALL.macppc

Ben

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Nathan England <nat...@paysonlinux.org>wrote:

> Thanks Eric, I appreciate your help. I didn't know about the OpenSUSE
> option. I will check that out first.
>

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Technomage Hawke <
> technomage.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have had some experience with linux on PPC. just about all of them use
>> the dubs subsystem and depending on your specific logic board, may cause the
>> system to become unresponsive.
>>
>> that aside, the best distribution is debian or ubuntu (though debian may
>> have better application support). Opensuse also makes a PPC version of their
>> distribution. However, I have never tried an rpm based distribution.
>>
>> one of the items to know is that you may have to change the boot
>> parameters in your firmware in order to automatically boot your installed
>> systemm. I may be able to offer some assistance, but I need someone with a
>> pair of eyes to tell me what is happening. btw, orca and speech-dispatcher
>> will work in PPC versions, but it takes a little tweaking.
>>
>> let me know if you need some help.
>>
>> -Eric
>> 623-399-5635
>> On Jul 20, 2011, at 12:50 PM, Nathan England wrote:
>>
>> > Hello Hello,
>> >
>> > Someone just gave me 4 G3/G4 iMac's with OS 9 on them. I am not sure of
>> the specs yet, but I am interested to know if anyone has any experience with
>> Linux on these bad boys? I ran edUbuntu on a G3 years ago and it was
>> awful... I'm hoping the newer versions are better. Any thoughts?
>> >
>> > Nathan
>> >
>> > --

---
Ben

*print ''.join(map(lambda x: chr(x), ( (ord('a')-(3*5)),
int(math.sqrt(math.pi*76)*5+2), int(math.ceil(math.e)*28),
int(math.floor(math.e)*35), long(abs(4%3*35+3)*2))))*