What live CD are you running?  I thought someone had provided you with an
ubuntu CD.  lshw has been on every ubuntu disk since before dirt.  if you
were unable to run lshw, then obviously there would be no lshw.txt to look
at.

Several emails ago, you said you did:
Okay buddy, I got a big nothing!

> ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ cd ~/Desktop
> ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ sudo lshw -short -C storage > lshw.txt
> ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ sudo lshw -short -C disk >> lshw.txt
> ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ sudo lshw -short -C volume >> lshw.txt
> ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop$

That produced a file lshw on your desktop and clearly lshw WAS present. I
am guessing you rebooted the CD and so lost the lshw.txt file and you would
have to reproduce it before trying to look at it.  Now I have no clue why
you tried to run something called print when I clearly told you to double
click the file.  Again, my guess is that you were just poking in the dark
because you had rebooted and did not see the file on your desktop.

OK, so do this, open a terminal and type:

> cd ~/Desktop
> sudo lshw -short -C storage > lshw.txt
> sudo lshw -short -C disk >> lshw.txt
> sudo lshw -short -C volume >> lshw.txt
> cat lshw.txt

and write it all down so you can relay that.