Linux Mint is NOT the next version of Ubuntu.  Whatever gave you that idea?

Michael, do you ever try to read the pages you go to or do a simple search
to answer your own questions?  Googling Mint 12 codecs gave the answer in
both of the 1sr two results.  and looking at the release notes for the Mint
12 you downloaded shows:

CD images

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Michael Havens <bmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay. I got the CD to burn. It took multiple tries. Then Linux Mint
> wouldn't load on the first try. oh cool.... Linux Mint is the next version
> of Ubuntu! How do a download the codecs and stuff I didn't d/l because I
> could only burn a cd?
>
> --

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Also remove all of the addresses from the message body before
forwarding the message. These simple measures prevent spy programs from
capturing the addresses shown in the recipient list and the message body.