Ok this is a first for me.

I have a drive im trying to install FC16 to to play with gnome3 and
the current incarnation of Fedora.

weird thing is the installer thinks that the drive is part of an
onboard hybrid array (which there is one) and will not let me install.

I took the drive used the WD tools to erase the first and last 300mb
of the drive, which is usually all that's needed to clear the Onboard
array data.

Anw hile yes the array is on, it is only useing Ports 1-4 5 and 6 are
regular sata, and it will give me the option to isntall on the eSata
drive thats on port 6. but this WD o have on 5 is still supposedly
part of an array.

not sure what else i can do to clear the array data unless i need to
let the thing go through a full drive wipe and try again (instead of
the quick wipe)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Stephen