Go here, get the blob:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx

Download to your home directory.

Enable f-lock, Hit Ctrl-Alt-F1, login, "sudo service lightdm stop" to kill the desktop, "sudo sh `ls ati*`", walk through it, reboot.

After reboot just go into system/properties in the ATI application and configure the display like windoze there.

Google "ati driver linux install" for more detail. You can make packages as well that are more apt-friendly to update, but not sure mint is supported like ubuntu.

-mb