This is correct.
EMP will kill SSD easier than even the chips or magnetic media. This is
primarily because EMP will induce a capacitive load in the floating gate of the
NAND cell; this will turn every bit in the chip to a '1'.  SSD floating gate
charge is extremely small, so it doesn't take much of an EMP to wipe the
devices.
Place any *unshielded* SSD within 3 meters of a 1000KV power line for a couple
seconds and you'll see the same effect.
That said, many actual internal SSD drives (as opposed to flash media, USB
drives, or mSATA drives) are available with conductive and grounded cases;
those would probably not loose data as they're, effectively, inside a Faraday
Cage structure already (as long as the ground connection is sufficiently
conductive).