Oh. I understand now. The error maessage says, 'Consider adjusting the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.' It thinks I installed it in a
nonstandard prefix so I need to adjust it. But I need to know what to
change it to.

My best guess would be /opt/framework/java/lib/ because the files
fontconfig.Ubuntu.bfc and fontconfig.Ubuntu.properties.src are in it; or
/usr/lib/ because the files libfontconfig.so.1 and libfontconfig.so.1.4.4
are in it.