A friend of mine asked me to post this. His company is looking someone
that wants to work 3rd shift. I don't have the name of the company or
much more information than what is provided, but contact me off the
list and I will put you in touch with my friend.

Job Description:

The Systems Engineer is responsible for the application operation and
maintenance of hosted client instances. The Systems Engineer is
responsible for overall application performance, deploying code
updates, transitioning new client instances into production. The
Systems Engineer works closely with the Case Management team as an
escalation resource. Communicates with clients around technical issues
and questions.

Note: The hours for this position are 8pm - 5am Monday - Friday.

Outcomes

    Client instances are well-managed and maintained with minimal
service disruption
    Works with Case Management so that patches and upgrades are
planned and deployed with minimal service disruption
    Client instances are well-documented and client profiles are
regularly updated
    Performance and usage data is reviewed and used to drive capacity
planning activities
    You will be involved in the development and training of support resources
    Quick and organized response in order to ensure SLAs are being met
    Continuous process improvement and efficiency around maintaining
client instances

The experience and technical requirements you have to have:

    You have Ninja skills with RedHat/CentOS Linux (command line),
Java, Apache WS and Tomcat
    You have great skill with the deployment and tuning of Tomcat server
    You have strong application troubleshooting skills and amazing
attention to detail
    You have worked with MySQL and Oracle databases and understand and
can write basic SQL well enough to work through SQL problems.
    You have strong scripting skills (e.g. BASH, Perl, Python - regex, awk, sed)
    You understand networking and can troubleshoot application
component-connectivity issues
    Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and SQL Server environments
    You have experience working directly with production systems.

Other requirements:

    Bachelors degree and 4-5 years experience or equivalent in experience
    ITIL foundation certification desirable