Hi All,

First of all thanks to those folks who responded with some helpful points.
To clarify some of the questions asked:

I understand with glaring clarity that I'm am replaceable and know making demands
never works.  Over the years, the company's revenue has increased. But also over
the years, I've spent more time adding features. It was probably my fault for not
clearly detailing how much time I'd spend adding features & functionality
versus just maintaining the existing application.  Last year I did a bit of
calculation on how much time I spend on maintaining and improving the application
versus my percentage of revenue compensation and I came to a rate of about $15/hour.

While in the very beginning of this project, I did it more for the learning of building a
large application and the money was a nice side job. But now, it seems the hours got longer
(due to significantly increased code base) and the pay didn't keep pace.  At ~$15/hr it's
just not worth the time to keep staying on the project.  However, to get the compensation to
a more "market-rate" level seems very difficult.  The revenues for this business
market (its academia & government) has been going steady down (the owner must keep
lowering bids each year to get a contract). Looking at the numbers coming in, if he had to
pay me a market-rate for programming, his IT budget would double or more and the business
would go under.  Which leads me to think that perhaps this isn't a viable business anymore if
one can't make enough income to cover the costs of infrastructure.

Maybe it's time to let this one go...

Thanks for letting me rant!

Peter