Sometime ago we discussed laptop battery life.  I asked the question about
leaving the battery out and if that would extend the life of the battery.  I'm
not sure that option was explored.

Last December I took the battery out of my two lap tops.  I use both daily for
about 15 or 16 continuous hours.

I have been thinking the batteries might be fully drained by now.  Much to my
surprise the newer laptop's battery was at 81% and the older laptop's battery
was at 58%.

Both are taking a charge.  After they are fully charged I will put them back in
my desk drawer and charge them again in 3 to 6 months.

I've have had poor performance from laptop batteries and did not want to "cook"
these.  It will be interesting to see if this extends the life of the battery.

Any thoughts?