I can't say I've had any experience with CL's fiber in particular.

I can say that I'm favorably impressed with DSL service since CL took over. While they decided to start blocking port 25 on consumer accounts recently (6/27 to be specific), I recently converted to a static IP address and things couldn't have gone more smoothly. It was *all* done through the web, with no need for any contact with a human (sounds bad, but is typically good). The new address was picked up automagically by pppoe. I was then able to unblock port 25 and even set rDNS with the web interface. All for $25 setup fee plus $5.95 per month extra. Not bad considering with Cox you need a business account (starts at about $88/mo incl taxes) in order to have a static address.

As far as fiber's concerned, I visited a relative in Dallas recently who had fiber with Internet/TV/Phone all over the fiber. I don't think their provider was CL, but they said the service was flawless (and they're not technical at all).

I would definitely give CL's fiber serious consideration.

--
-Eric 'shubes'