That's actually pretty cool, if I were actually able to ever get gnucash setup decently to use it. Not from lack of trying, I've attempted probably no less than 4 times over the past 5 years or so to get it working in efforts to track finances more effectively, but never once got the hbci stuff working with my bank(s) to do so. That bit was quite cryptic and frustrating - maybe an android interface will water it down enough to make it usable to a layperson.

That and the accounting knowledge required to use it effectively simply eludes me as much seemed to assume I actually understood accounting. Accounting and finances are like geek kryptonite, neither interesting or intuitive enough to actually stick with to make it work. I'd probably just buy Quicken if they actually made a native linux version.

-mb