I am having a little problem. An OS was just reinstalled an in this network
and, while the printer is now operational again rsync doesn't work. In my
googling it was gleaned that the problem is that the rsync daemon is no
longer running. So the page said to run the command  'rsync --daemon' to
start it but the response it gives is, 'Failed to parse file
/etc/rsyncd.conf'. I tried to look at the file but discover it doesn't
exist. Then the thought comes to copy the file off of the other computer.
Unfortunately, it is soon discovered that the file doesn't exist there
either. So, please do share what needs to be done to get it to work?

what follows is the error message:

 rsync -vva --exclude=.*mozilla* --exclude=.*chromium* ~/
bmike2@192.168.0.3:/home/bmike2/;rsync -vva --exclude=.*mozilla*
--exclude=.*chromium* bmike2@192.168.0.3:/home/bmike2/ ~/
opening connection using: ssh -l bmike2 192.168.0.3 rsync --server
-vvlogDtpre.iLsf . /home/bmike2/
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.3 port 22: Connection refused
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]
opening connection using: ssh -l bmike2 192.168.0.3 rsync --server --sender
-vvlogDtpre.iLsf . /home/bmike2/
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.3 port 22: Connection refused
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [Receiver=3.0.9]