From: Mark Jarvis <m.jar...@cox.net>
> The Foxitpro PDF reader allows text to be marked and copied.
> Unfortunately, it's only available for Windows. I don't know if
> there's a Linux PDF reader that has that capability.

AFAICT, evince (the PDF reader that's standard for GNOME-based distros) will
allow you to copy and paste text from PDFs as well.  Also remember that some
PDF readers have multiple tools available, and the default tool might be
"scroll/drag pages" not "select text".

Also also remember that if the PDF doesn't actually contain text, but is a
pile of images, then there will be no text to select.  The PDF that you're
trying to look at doesn't have that problem, but for some reason, evince won't
let you copy the text.  Acrobrat Reader will.  No, I don't know why
either....

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows