From: James Mcphee <jmc...@gmail.com>
> Can she ping the WAP?  Can she ping the ISP?  Can she ping google?  Is her
> DNS working?

Let's expand on James's answers:

In a cmd.exe window, "ipconfig /all" should show that the 'DozeXP machine has
an IP address that belongs to the range that the AP is giving out.  Not
127.0.0.1 or 169.254.x.y.  If not, the computer's never run DHCP on its
wireless card, or the AP's config is messed up, or there are hardware problems
somewhere.

If that worked:  Ping the AP.  If that works, wireless networking to the AP is
at least working.

If that worked:  Ping the first DNS server, which should've been displayed in
the output from ipconfig /all .  If that fails, networking somewhere between
the AP and the wide internet is probably screwed up, or the DNS server is
blocking ICMP, which is possible.

Then, "ping google.com" should return success.  If you get something like
"could not determine host name for google.com" then DNS is messed up, and a
lot of things will fail miserably.  The AP should be handing out appropriate
DNS server IPs if it's running a DHCP server though.

If all of those things worked, yet a browser is refusing to display
http://foobar.com/ , I'd think it might be a browser problem.  I Could Be
Wrong though.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows