I have one computer that runs linux all the time and one that can be booted into linux or windows. I installed samba on the full time linux box. That way it could talk to the windows install. There are several programs out there that make configuring samba easier on a linux box. I remember most of what I did to set it up, but I don't think I would be able to give you directions. I'm sure others on the list will be able to help with more details.