On Friday 05 November 2004 11:48, A G wrote:

> Thanks a lot Steve for the link. This is what I
> wanted. Can anyone let us know if anyone has the
> experience in India of getting a refund?

I tried a lot... But eventually I ended up giving up like Geoffrey almost did
in Steve's example. I had to go from Acer to Microsoft to Acer to Microsoft
and back and forth till I didnt know what to do. And finally I decided to
give in.

> Me: Your systems are quite nice. But I would like to
> hv a machine w/o MS OS. I hv SuSE linux CDs w/ me.
> AMD Salesperson: As you wish sir. We will remove the
> hdd and fit an unpartitioned hdd on the system. But
<snipped>
Obviously it isnt the issue of software support. As it turns out the PC would
definitely consist of a winmodem making which work would be an issue to
tackle on Linux. Also, whether AMD would be willing to sell the PCs at a
stripped down cost, on basis of the removal of Windows would be a question
that needs answering....

--
/Sumeet

Sumeet Madhukar Moghe  http://smith-morgan.mirrorz.com

GnuPG Keys:    http://smith-morgan.mirrorz.com/gnupg.txt

Fingerprint :  0643 60DE FD44 793A 111E  7EC9 D3E0 3D5B F7A5 0C22