I have USB 1.1 ports, and I would like to connect a USB 2.0 device
(iPod) to it. This works perfectly in Windows XP -- which correctly
detects and says that a Hi Speed device is conected to lower speed
hardware. In Linux (Im running SuSE 9.2) however, the iPod does
correctly indicate that it is plugged in. However, there is no
indication whatsoever as to where the device has been mounted, if at
all.

mount -a does not seem to help here.

USB pen drives however, work perfectly, and are mounted under /media.

What could be the problem here? Is there any way to confirm if the
kernel supports USB 2.0 or not?