> I'm using sarge with custom kernel and alsamodules for sound
> successfuly(link for
Good this makes me confirtable in order to suggest what i am about to suggest :)
> HOWTO:http://linuxforu.com/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=1223).but
> sadly i can only use
> vesa option for X to work. Is there any way to get support for
> i915G

Well instead of continuing with XFree 86 i will suggest you install XOrg.
I bought a notebook with the same card few days back and been trying
to get full use of the card for long time. Finally i had success.....

You will need to do following things.
I hope you are using atleast linux-2.6.11

Just follow the procedure from dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/download

And it should work fine and you will have shiny new x.org with full dri support.

WARNING: the cvs download will take substantial bandwidth. and time to
compile the whole this is not small... i don' know other way though.
x.org current releases don't work. I am absolutely in dark about
XFree86 stuff.