> > Isnt microsoft one of the primary reasons why Linux
> > is so popular?
>
> Ya, it the hatrate towards, why ? because no one like
> to be dictated of what to use and not, not even Linux
> has the right to  dictate, Its all about what majority demands.
WEll of course not
I don't hate microsoft, at it certainly isn't the reason why i use linux.
I use linux because it gives me a chance to do something with my
hardware that other offering don't.

e.g. forwarding my mails to my cell phone by embedding them into
sender address or  notifying me when my laptop battery is low and then
automagically sending all mails, sync all the disks, park the harddisk
head, send an sms on my mobile and cleanly hibernate just before
breakdown if i don't take any action. (this is way different than how
its handled in windows)

or should i tell you about how i am modifying my kernel right now to
take a snapshot of the system just after startup and use it to boot
later on.... should bring down boot times to mere single digit
seconds.......

I understand you are quite incapable of using linux the way i am using
it right now..... but with that attitude of yours you will never
learn...... and you will miss on all the functionality your hardware
worth 20000 is capable of providing you.

--
BAIN
http://abhijit.adotout.net