> > HI !!
> >
> > I am a TE computer engineering student and very much interested in
> > driver development under linux. I would like to have some info abt the
> Linux device drivers by Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro Rubini is
> considered to be the bible for device driver development. The online
> http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/

I will second that, "UNDERSTANDING linux kernel" is a bit too much to
start with, its like reading the part specifications manual for
ferrari 2003G in order to learn about internal combustion engines :-D

LDD is quite nice and easy to start with, and will teach you lot of
usefull things besides programming inside linux kernel

Good luck on your venture

--
BAIN
http://abhijit.adotout.net