Hi Yogesh,

Yogesh1 Talekar wrote:
Hello All

I am facing strange problems while installing Linux on my new PC.  It
is a P-4 3.0GHz, 512 DDR-RAM, Intel 915GV motherborad, 120GB Samsung
HDD.
I have installed XP on first partition of 20 GB. And trying to install
Linux on a second 40GB partition.

I tried Debian once which worked fine. After that, I tried RHEL3,
Redhat 9, Fedora 3, Fedora 4 .. *all* failed.

Strange problem indeed !! The only pattern I see in here is the RedHat distros. I've seen similar things happen a couple of times with some of my friends. In such cases I don't usually bother much with figuring out the problem since I anyways recommend Mandrake. You might consider trying another distro.

Regards
Steve