Hi Gurudatta,

--- Gurudatta Raut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I am fedup with flash eating my download limit. What
> right does flash have to use my bandwith for free ?

...and I am fed up with this high and mighty attitude that you continually
seem to display. I would recommend a lot less attitude and lot more respect
for the community in your mails.

>  Why cant Firefox have an option to disable flash.
> well, I know why, because thoes dam firefox
> programmers dont ask before programming which features
> are most wanted and which are least used; they just
> put in features according to their whims and fancies.

No they ABSOLUTELY DO NOT. Firefox is a community project, which, to put in
simple words for your clouded brains to comprehend means this - what ever
gets added to the project is the result of discussions and recommendations
from an online community of developers, testers and users. These people
decide to spend their valuable free time in discussing the merits/demerits of
doing something before ever writing a single line of code. I would recommend
you to join a mailing list of at least one FOSS project to witness this first
hand, instead of crying yourself hoarse that the real world just does not
understand the right way to do things the way you do.

>  Avant browser is great but stupid, because there is
> no linux version of it.
>
>  How can U people stand the download delays caused by
> flash, or do U have a secret flash switch ?

The "do U have a secret flash switch ?" with a lot less attitude is what you
should have asked in the first place instead of your diatribe against Firefox
developers.

Flash is a proprietary plugin that *IS NOT* a part of Firefox. In fact it's
most likely that you choose to install it separately when you installed your
desktop. To check the rpm(*) do a:

$ rpm -qa | grep -i flash

To remove the plugin, do a

$ rpm -q <name-of-flash-rpm>

(*) I am assuming you use a rpm based distro, since you wouldn't have gotten
too far with that attitude on other distros.

In case you installed firefox by hand and have conveniently forgotten that
you installed the flash plugin too by hand, do the following:
a) Open Firefox and in the location bar type "about:config"
b) In the 'Filter' text box, type "plugin.expose_full_path"
c) Double click the option to set thr 'Value' to 'true'
d) In the location bar type "about:plugins"
e) Note the path where the "Shockwave Flash" plugin is installed
f) Delete the file "libflashplayer.so" file from that location
g) Restart firefox.
h) VERY IMPORTANT: Thank me and apologize for your attitude.

HTH
Regards
Steve