Hello,

. When I switch on the modem, the link light flickers for a while and
> goes off. It keeps doing this all the time. The line-checker guy checked
the
> phone line and says it's okay.

I had this prob when i got DataOne.What i did was : plug out all the
parallel phone connections i had at my place.Now i have only one connection
 active,the one going to the splitter.The modem box contains this
'ADSL splitter'.This should be used to connect the phone along with
the ADSL modem-router.Doing this solved my problem once and for all.

> 1. They installed the modem and connected to the PC using the USB cable.
Is
> any extra network setup required for the USB connection?

Some work needed to be done when i'd used USB in WinXP.
The best  way i'd suggest is to get a 10/100 NIC.They come cheap -
i bought one (in pune) for Rs 220/- .Has one year warranty and uses
the standard RTL8139 chipset.Worked quickly and succesfully on FC,
debian(knoppix included),and even FreeBSD.

> 3. Has anyone living in Bibvewadi or beyond (Chintamani nagar, Indira
nagar
> etc.) got DataOne connected successfully?

Yes, i am using DataOne,i live in Mahesh society.

Regards,
Pranav