On 4/27/07, Desi Penguin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sad part is, I haven't been lucky with private players even :(
I was able to get connection thru YOU telecom (then it was called Iqara) it
worked for a while, then they had permissions issue. Now I have exatt, it
has been down since a week, their expert engineer left, and the rest have no
clue how to fix their network now. I was promised it will be fixed today.
Lets see how that goes.

TIP: don't buy services from people whose website doesn't even work,
and whose channel partners abandon them for Sify ;-).

I have heard that a You tele broadband connection of 256 kbps up to 2
Mbps actually runs at 128 Mbps (at least in Bandra).  However, this it
does consistently unlike BSNL connections that have a habit of going
on the fritz without much reason and very randomly.  Have you
mentioned linux to the Youtele people?  What did they say?