On Tuesday 27 July 2010 09:58 PM, Vinayak Kulkarni wrote:
Hi All,
Government seems to be lazy over acting on such things.
While I was undergoing admssion process in 2007-08, I faced same problem. That
time I had sent feedback emails to the respective authorities, but
unfortunately no reply has ever come.
I think strong grouped protest is required for such things.

Vinayak Kulkarni
<visit>
http://kulkarnivd1989.blogspot.com
</visit>

--- On Tue, 27/7/10, शंतनू<shanta...@gmail.com>  wrote:

From: शंतनू<shanta...@gmail.com>
Subject: [PLUG] [OT] Re: Government Sponsored Vendor lock
To: "Mithun Shitole"<mithu...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 27 July, 2010, 12:46 AM

On Monday 26 July 2010 10:24 AM, Mithun Shitole wrote:
Hi,
      Engineering, Diploma etc. admissions processes are online. The website for it is
dte.org.in . Unfortunately Technical board doesn't seems to care about users who don't use
IE. When you go to http://www.dte.org.in/FE2010/StaticPages/Default.aspx , this is what it
says: "Sorry, this Application is Supported only on IE6, IE7&  IE8" .
Same applies when Diploma admission link is visited. I think this is clear case
of vendor locking. Is there any way to protest?

Thanks and regards,
Mithun,
http://blog.imithun.in

Did you try to send feedback/email using above links? If no, the first step
would be sending email and sending feedback as well.

I also stumbled upon http://dte.org.in/rdte/index.asp

regards,
shantanoo

Please do not top post. :)