Hello everyone!

On Sat, 2020-07-25 at 23:01 +0530, Dhanesh B. Sabane wrote:

> We now have a solid plan to meet and discuss the actual plan for the
> meetup. :P
>
> We are meeting tomorrow at 3PM on #pluggies. If anyone would like to
> join in on the discussion, please feel free to do so.

We had a discussion amongst the few people that showed up on the IRC
channel and we have some ideas for the online meet that we want to run
through all the members. We also would like to gather some votes on the
topics and the platform to use for this online meetup.

Note: We'd like to keep voting for topics and platforms open till
Saturday, 1st August 2020. We'll reconvene on Sunday, 2nd August 2020
to finalise the topics as per the votes and decide on the date based on
the management efforts.

Following are the details:

### Time:

1hr - 1hr 15 mins

We decided to keep this short as it is probably the first time in
history PLUG will be meeting virtually. We didn't want to go overboard
with a packed schedule.

### Format:

* Introductions - 15 mins
* Main topic - 30 - 45 mins
* Q&A, Discussions, Show and Tell - 15 mins

### Topics [NEED VOTES]:

We have a list of topics that we thought are simple enough and can fit
within the 30-45 min time slot.

1. Filesystem and storage
2. Raspberry pi and linux
3. IP tables
4. Containers and stuff [CGroups and Namespaces]
5. Building your own PC
6. SCP and rsync
7. Setup your own bots watch websites

I'd like to ask all the pluggies to please vote on the topics that
you'd be interested in by replying to this email thread.

### Platforms [NEED VOTES]:

We have three options here:

1. Use the main Jitsi VC platform - https://meet.jit.si
2. Use a self-hosted Jitsi - Something like https://meet.fsci.in which
is hosted by Free Software Community of India
3. IRC

Please reply with your choice.

We aren't aware of any other non-proprietary platform which will help
us arrange this meetup. If any of the members know any other options,
please do let us know.

As mentioned above, voting lines are open till Saturday, 01st August
2020. :P

Do let us know if you have any suggestions or queries.

Looking forward to your votes!

Cheers!

--
Dhanesh B. Sabane