Remember N900? There was such a Linux phone a decade or more ago.

I have one and that is bricked and am trying to revive to put to some use.

It's nothing critical. It will be just nice to be able to revive this good
old device.

First hurdle was to get a new battery, as the previous one is worn out and
swollen, and I was lucky enough to get it. Now to flash the device the
battery needs to be in charged state. Whatever little charge is there on
this new battery, flashing is not happening.

Luckily I know someone with N900 device, but if this battery is put into
his device, his device is also not booting. A strange thing about this
device is, the charger works only if the device boots and the device boots
only if the battery has some charge left. So it is in a deadlocked state.

So, possibly I need a non N900 device that can charge the same battery or
an external charger that can do so. Most small mobile shops around said
they are helpless on this.

Any other suggestions or some specific repair shops that can resolve this?

--
Mayuresh