Hi Louis!  Welcome to PLUG!!! =)

On 5/29/06, Louis Alferez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My name is Louis Alferez, based in Bangkok, Thailand. I've been using
Linux for less than a year, ergo that makes me a newbie. So be easy
with me. I use Simply MEPIS, a distro that so far I've learned only
four Pinoys (including me) use. But I'm not one to replace it, as I
already use it both at home and in the office. I'm very much
interested in helping push FOSS in the Philippines, in whichever way I
can as I'm not really that technically adept.

Cool!  Well, technical skill is one that's honed by experience, and
hanging out here in this list (as well as in other FOSS lists) should
give you a few hints.  That, and reading lots of info and man pages ;)

My question: can someone abroad be a member of PLUG?

Of course!  I suppose you might want to start contributing (which,
according to the guidelines, is anything that you can do that's not
normally expected of a normal Linux user[0]) and fill out the membership
form[1].

[0]  http://linux.org.ph/membership/membership_guidelines
[1]  See http://linux.org.ph/downloads

Anyhow, the most important thing is, you're here now, and you're very
much welcome to help in pushing FOSS in whatever way you can =)  I wish
you the best of luck for your efforts!

Cheers,

Zakame

--
Zak B. Elep  ||  http://zakame.spunge.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ||  [EMAIL PROTECTED]