I would second Mhac on this one. Laptops and desktops have different needs. In addition to pcmcia, you need acpi support, wifi. in terms of video most laptops have integrated intel chips, few only have the nvidia and ati cards. in my case, i cannot use my ubuntu laptop for presentations using an LCD projectore because nvidia drivers even the opensource nv driver is borked in using external displays. one reason i still have winxp on this laptop because i cannot use ubuntu for LCD presentation purposes.

For BL4, it would be nice to some laptop specialized installer. Is there a torrent file for BL4?