I plan to install Ubuntu on a computer to be shared by two users. I
have not actually installed Ubuntu and used it only as rescue CD so I
don't know how the Ubuntu rootless system works in practice.

Since there is no root how do I copy files between two normal users? I
don't think sudo cp /home/apple/orig.txt /home/boy/copy.txt will work?
Another question: isn't sudo a security risk in a computer with many
users if user Apple can remove or reconfigure a program that user Boy
installed? This maybe deliberate or by accident when one user is
experimenting with all the programs available in the menus or when
clicking icon for autoupdate.

Thnx