On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 17:33:30 -0400
thad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I hope the features of jfs2 will be added to jfs. Its neat in
> increasing and decreasing the file system online, no need to unmount.

Plain JFS has this feature already, as do XFS and ReiserFS, at least as
far as growing a filesystem goes.  The only Linux-native filesystems
that are incapable of online resizing is ext3 and its variants: even
ext2 can be online resized, although this is considered riskier than
doing the same with the others. Now, shrinking the filesystem, while
possible with ReiserFS (not possible with XFS, might be with JFS),
cannot be done online, but then shrinking a filesystem is not as
useful...  LVM is a wonderful thing. :)

--
A person who is genuinely kind will always try to make others think
badly of him or her.