"Rommel Asibal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> hi guys,
>
> if i want to install something else on a centos box that i didnt
> install initially what do i type to initialize that program (and get
> the install from the cd rather than the net).  i ran into a problem
> with a VM that only has limited space and rather than installing
> another VM with a larger harddrive if possible i would want to just
> install the package from the cd.

I have a few CentOS VMs at work and they tend to use the CentOS-5 DVD
image in my HD.  Assuming that image is accessible in the VMs as
/media/CentOS, I can just invoke yum like this:

# yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=c5-media install tomcat5

This works because the install from the CentOS DVD also sets up the DVD
as a local media repository, with configuration in
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo .

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Zakame