2008/3/24 Jay Jesus Amorin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  has anyone tried migrating pvcs on aix to svn running on linux sles?
>  any tips or link to howtos?

(Hmmm... Sounds familiar. This gig for a certain financial institution
in the Ortigas area by any chance? ;))

Tried it. Got as far as doing PVCS to RCS. Ran into trouble when doing
rcs2svn: for one, Perl is not available in the AIX boxes; for another,
the converted RCS ,v files were messy and it did not retain the
revision history. PVCS was also very slow to work with.

If I recall correctly, I recommended they start from the latest
commits in PVCS as the initial commits in Subversion.

--
Ian Dexter R. Marquez
http://feeds.iandexter.net/Coredump