On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Raul Limos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Huge Hole in Open Source Software Found, Leaves Millions Vulnerable:
> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=11869

Pretty old news (I've blogged this last week)[0] and pretty much
exaggerates, by insinuating the the whole incident was a deliberate
attempt to install a backdoor.  FWIW Kurt Roeckx (the current
maintainer of OpenSSL) is a longtime Debian developer, and although
its his bad to not actually show the patch that broke OpenSSL, I don't
think it was deliberately left off with malice in mind.  Furthermore,
it has been shown even in Ben Laurie's blog that there was no clear
line of direct commication to the OpenSSL developers: they had an
[EMAIL PROTECTED] address that would have allowed direct
communication to upstream developers, yet this address was barely
mentioned in source, or even onthe website![1]

[0]  http://blog.zakame.net/news/openssl-remote-dsa-1571
[1]  http://advogato.org/person/branden/diary/5.html .  To put that in
perspective, Branden is a former Debian Project Leader.

--
Zak B. Elep || http://zakame.spunge.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED] || [EMAIL PROTECTED] || [EMAIL PROTECTED]