On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Ludwig Isaac Lim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi:
>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:53:07 +0800
>> From: "Zak B. Elep" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Ludwig Isaac Lim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>>    Everytime I want to deploy, I need to change the following lines:
>> >        #!C:/Perl/bin/Perl               # Windows XP

>> >         #!/opt/perl/bin/perl            # Unix
>> >

>> >    Is there a better way of doing it, short of reformatting my PC to Linux
>> > (Not allowed)? :)
>>
>> Shouldn't you be using the latter shebang in the first place? IIRC
>> Windows doesn't even look at this (it uses Registry file associations
>> instead) so you might be just running into a !problem here ;)
>>

>   Sorry for not clarifying it. But this is for the CGI scripts [don't ask why
> I'm still using
> perl/CGI :-) ]that I'm writing. I saw the instruction for installing Apache
> on Windows at web
> pages similar to http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/addcgitoapache.shtml
> (not sure if this is
> the exact website, but the instructions are quite similar).

Ah.  Previously I did some cross platform CGI script development too
in Perl under GNU/Linux and Windows, under CGI::Application.  In my
case, I don't really worry about installing an Apache or some other
webserver, since most of my scripts are simple enough to run under
CGI::Application::Server (at least for local development.)

>   BTW, nice to see you again on the mailing list, Zak. Seems that you're one
> of the Perl gurus in
> this mailing list and I thought that you'll be one of the first to reply =)

I was pretty busy, and last week was a quite difficult as local
calamities (read about the Camarines Norte flooding) kept me worried.

--
Zak B. Elep  ||  http://zakame.spunge.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ||  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ||  [EMAIL PROTECTED]