You shouldn't rebooted it.

There are times that a deleted/moved/archived etc are still being used by a
user/process and the file/s are still open leaving the inode exist in fs.

The best practice for this is to make sure that the files you are
moving/deleting/archiving is not being used.

To check, run lsof on the partition, if there are still open files, kill it
and perform housekeeping.

Hope this help.

Jimmy