> You could always recompile Firefox to remove the ability to enter safe
> mode if you have an application that warrants it. I'm not sure if
> removing safe mode is a compile-time option, but if not you could patch
> the source to remove the check for the safe mode command line option.
>
> Keep in mind, without safe mode, you can get yourself into situations
> where extensions could make your browser unusable. For example, some of
> the kiosk extensions do a pretty good job of preventing you from
> defeating them - the only way to get rid of them is to put FF into safe
> mode and remove the extension.
>
> Scott

I want safe mode to be closed to the average person.  If one must enter
a password to get into safe mode, that will work.  Changing the source
code of firefox is an extreme option that will make it harder to upgrade
when new releases come out.  Is there any standard way to protect
against safe mode abuse?  Procon Latte is a popular plugin I suspect,
but what's the point of it if anyone behind it can pop into safe mode
and remove it?  I am surprised that the author of Procon Latte hasn't
addressed the safe mode abuse issue.  Ideally, the developers who are
going to release the next version of firefox should address the safe
mode abuse issue.