On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Denis Heidtmann
<denis.heidtm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:43 PM, jen montserrat
> <jen.montser...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you tried using another patch cable, just to rule out the possibility
>> of it being the network cable?  If this is a wireless interface, please
>> ignore this post
>
> I have tried two different cables.  I intend to try a third when the
> failure occurs again.
>
> -Denis

Denis,
It isn't entirely a surprise that mii-tool fails because I haven't
used it in years, I wasn't sure what support it might have or not have
with gigabit interfaces, worth a shot though.

That said, Mike offered some good suggestions and it looks like the
interface does come up and has an IP which leads me to believe perhaps
it's a route issue. When it fails can you run /sbin/route -a (I
believe that's the correct flag, someone correct me if I'm wrong). And
post to the list so we can take a gander at it.

Thanks,
Drew-