On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Michael Robinson
<plu...@robinson-west.com> wrote:
> Anyone have direct experience with one of these in CentOS or Slackware?
>
> I'm trying to download something called the catalyst driver from AMD.
We had to use this driver for something just a littler older.
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV610 [Radeon
HD 2400 XT]

We needed it to get dual displays working in CentOS5.   A newer
version of X would handle it correctly
but getting all of X to compile is always a pain.

> I've noticed that X is too slow since I've switch from my old Radeon
> without HDMI port to this one.
If you've gone digital on a monitor then it is very noticeable when
you switch back.

> Is it normal to plug in both the HDMI port and the vga port on the same
> monitor?
If you are using the same monitor for two different machines then yes.