http://web.robinson-west.com/reactos.php

Apparently, asking that ReactOS be built using open source compilers and
open source tools is unacceptable behavior.  I don't buy the ReactOS
community argument that GCC is a Linux only compiler.  A first for me,
I got accused of being against the poor advocating the use of open
source build tools.

I no longer link to the ReactOS web site from my links page as I no
longer wish to recommend the project to people.  People are better off
throwing Windows out and switching to Linux, even if these people are
responsible for a company and software has to be ported.  With vendors
starting to release information for the writing of Linux drivers and
in some cases providing closed source drivers, the argument that one
needs Windows seems to be getting close to moot.