I have had a Netgear RT-314 router connected to my Comcast cable modem
for many years. It still works fine. I recently bought a used ReplayTV
4080 DVR. It uses an Ethernet connection to get TV program info.
Currently there is an Ethernet cable running across the floor in the TV
room. It connects the ReplayTV to a switch that is connected to the
router. Besides being a tripping hazard, it is unsightly to my wife
(well, me, too) so I'm considering getting bridge to use to wirelessly
connect the ReplayTV. I understand that I need a wireless router, or I
suppose a second bridge, to make this work. I have a Linksys WRT54G that
I just got from my sister (she upgraded to a Mac, and has Mac network
hardware to go with it). Can I connect the WRT54G to the switch and have
it go through the Netgear router? If so, when I set it up, do I treat
the WRT54G as a PC on the home network, and assign it an IP address from
the Netgear's set? Anything else that I'm missing?

I found a web site for setting up the WRT54G:

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/networks/aptnet/linksys/index.html

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens