On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Someone <plu...@robinson-west.com> wrote:
> Thanks Eric.
>
> Will the following card work as well as the one you suggested?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Hauppauge-WinTV-Go-Plus-NTSC-44981-LF-Rev-E1B2-/190401573670?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c54d17326

I would be surprised if it didn't work, but I'm by no means an expert
on these. Possibly I've just had really good luck with them, but it
seems to me that most of them work pretty well.

> There is another auction where the card is supposedly mono only, but I
> wonder if this is actually true?

Unless you're planning on recording video from the input it really
doesn't matter if the card is mono or not. Though all that I've seen
have been stereo. (I guess it might matter for coax cable, but I had
the impression you weren't going to use it for that.) With a
playstation you can use the adapter I linked to and just plug it into
the input of your sound card and bypass the TV card completely if that
works better for you. That way the TV card would only be handling your
video input.

> http://cgi.ebay.com/HAUPPAUGE-WinTV-GO-MODEL-190-NEW-UNOPENED-BOX-/300419895965?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f26bd29d
>
> I'm going to try using dscaler with my WinTV PVR 150 card to see if that
> resolves the lag problem.

That's worth a look, but I think it was more peculiar to their
software on Windows. I thought you were using some Linux application?
It sure wouldn't take long to test, though.

Have you tried TV Time on it? That's been the easiest, in my experience.

Erik