On 06/07/2010 02:43 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Joe Shisei Niski wrote:
>
>> yes, but the MS-DOS command languagewas sooo limited compared to its IXen
>> *contemporaries - especially for scripting - that it was truly
>> pitiful from the beginning. The current standard MS-Win command shell
>> isn't much of an improvement.
>>
> Joe,
>
>     I no longer recall what company sold a suite of UNIX work-alikes for DOS,
> but I bought the set and used it extensively. Made it difficult to work in
> plain DOS. :-)

Would that be the good 'ol MKS Toolkit from Mortice Kern Systems? it was
pretty sweet back in the early 90's. i've used Cygwin in the last few
years when stuck on MS Win, but it still feels like showering with a
raincoat on... sh and bash run into paradigm collisions sooner or later
when running atop DOS and its offspring.

Joe