Hello folks,

I in a desperate need of a new notebook/laptop for the oncoming school year.
On a whim I've purchased this laptop in Office Depot
Toshiba Satellite L675D-S7016 *$634.99*
http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/satellite/L670/L675D-S7016
It works somewhat . . .
It has a slow 100MB only Realtek RTL8102E Ethernet controller and
Realtek 8172 WiFi controller which I cannot make working, no matter what
I did.
Its ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 graphic controller is not performing in
KDE4 as well as nVidia
on my RIP old Sager laptop. No openGL support and dodgy scrolling and
windows moving /resizing.
I'm running open SUSE 11.2 on this new thing, which I'm going to return
back to the store.

Could somebody please recommend, based on the personal experience, a
decent notebook with the following
characteristics:
1. 15 - 17" Display
2. Turion II or less desirable Athlon II dual core CPU. Quad core is
fine as long as it's AMD
3. 1 GB Ethernet controller
4. Wi-Fi Wireless 802.11b/g/n controller which is known to work with
Linux without excessive headaches.
5. nVidia integrated graphic controller. In the worst case scenario I
can live with ATI Radeon.
6. At least 4GB DDR3 RAM expandable up to 8GB. I don't want to have
older and slower DDR2 RAM.
7. Preferably in black or other non-flashy matte colors. I don't like
that bright and cheesy silverish goldish el'cheapo glossy colors.

Thank you in advance for any hints or recommendations,

Alex