On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 10:05 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010, r...@dimstar.net wrote:
>
> > F2 should take you to the BIOS, but F12 should ask you what device to boot
> > from.
> > I use F12 as this is a 'just for this boot' type thing.
>
> Russ,
>
>    I called Dell Tech Support and learned that either F2 or F12 works, but
> not until the logo screen appears.

Dear Rich,

If I remember right, on my Dell e1405, the logo screen was disabled by
default.

> I'm used to holding down the BIOS access
> key while pressing the power switch. This doesn't work that way.

The first time I got to the BIOS screen took some trial and error, along
with some repeated clicking of F2.

(On my Dell, the F2 gets to the BIOS menu, the F12 the boot menu. But I
think F12 works only if it's pressed once at the right time. If I
remember right, when it's pressed twice, it toggles back out of the boot
menu.)

Thanks,
Mike