I figure that anything I can think of is possible....   :-)
but......

HOW easy would it be to take one of my doll patterns, scan it into GIMP
(or whatever) then make everything longer but not wider?

keep in mind I have only recently learned about scanning and my use of
GIMP has not included image manipulation.

Is this a simple matter of learning something that already has easy
instructions clearly written down and I have not found them, or is it much
more complicated, like my last (and still working on) project of scanning
and filling out documents?

Thanks
Debra Hubbard