On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 09:25:41AM -0700, Linux Guy wrote:
>   Probably not specifically a 10.10 issue, but perplexing nonetheless:
> here's the deal . . .
> for legacy reasons my website DocumentRoot  is /web/httpd/htdocs/  -- no
> matter what I change in the apache2 configuration files
> (/etc/apache2/apache2.conf, /etc/apache2/sites-available/default) the
> server tries to go to /etc/apache2/htdocs.  My question is - where is
> apache2 getting this incorrect config?  I have scoured my system looking
> for places that this config info may be hiding but cannot find it.
> ServerRoot is set to /web/httpd (which contains the log files) but there
> is nothing in either access_log or error_log so that pointer is not
> working wither.  I need to get this server stood up soon - anybody got
> any ideas here?

If undefined DocumentRoot is set to /usr/local/apache/htdocs is this symlinked
/etc/apache2/htdocs on your system?

Then check:

    cd /etc/apache2
    find . -type f | xargs -n 30 grep DocumentRoot

That will confirm or deny your config assumptions.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Trading kilograms for kilometers since 2003