rsync works on windows and it works by comparing the source and destination.

rsync -avn sourcedir destdir

The -n tells it not to change anything, the -v is verbose.  If the two are
identical you won't get any output.

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:15 AM, <daniel.robe...@sanofi-aventis.com> wrote:

> Hello All
> I have copied thousands of files from one windows fileshare onto another
> windows fileshare.
> How can I easily verify that the file copy is correct?
> I intentionally changed the directory structure between the source and
> the destination.
> I am trying to use md5sum on recursively through every file in every
> directory between the two fileshares and then I would compare the sums
> in a small database.
>
> Question is:
> How do I get md5sums recursively through a directory structure for ever
> file using cygwin installed on my laptop?
> Thanks for any help!
> Dan

Dwight Hubbard
Owner Effective Automation Solutions
Website: http://effectiveautomationsolutions.com
Blog: http://computing.dwighthubbard.info
Email: dwi...@dwighthubbard.com
Phone: (503) 941-0327
Toll Free: (866) 396-1198
Redhat Certified Engineer - RHCE #804007137224095
VMware Certified Professional - VCP #18529