I'm building a media PC for someone else.  For various reasons (mostly for
geeky fun), I've got the thing booting from an internal IDE->CF adapter
with two 1TB "green energy" drives on the SATA channels.  There is an
optical drive slaved from the IDE adapter.  And this all works fine
(except for being slow to write to the boot device, but I won't care about
that after it's all configured nicely).

However, the onboard video is analog, so I've addeda PCI adapter with DVI
output (ATI Radeon-based).  When I boot the system using the new video
card, I get an error about an address space collision (in the ROM
allocation) and the boot drive is no longer visible to initramfs.  I can
tell the bios to boot using the analog video and everything boots
normally.

What do?

Is it possible that the device IDs are just getting gorped in one
configuration and not the other and this has nothing to do with the ROM
allocation?  There are no jumpers or BIOS settings that I can find to
change the ROM allocation areas associated with the devices.

Halp!

Thank you for your kind attention.